Skip to content
Silesian Weavers Revolt (4 June 1845)
- This revolt was led by the weavers of Silesia against the contractors who supplied them raw materials and gave them orders for finished textiles.
- The contractors took advantage of the rising unemployment and reduced the prices of the finished goods that were to be paid to the weavers.
- The weavers rose in revolt and marched in protest upto the mansion of their contractor.
- The contractor treated them with scorns and threat.
- The agitated weavers stormed the mansion and destroyed everything that came their way.
- The contractor had to flee.
- Later army was requisitioned and the contractor returned to the village.