The administrative reforms introduced by Napoleon were called as Civil Code of 1804 and also known as Napoleonic Code.
The following were the reforms introduced by Napoleonic Code:-
- It did away with all privileges based on birth.
- It established equality before the law and secured right to property.
- It abolished the feudal system and freed peasants from serfdom and manorial dues.
- In the towns, guild restrictions were removed.
- Transport and communication systems were improved.
Change in peoples attitude towards French army and Napoleon.
- In the initial stages, French army wherever it went in Europe were welcomed as they considered them as harbingers of liberty.
- This enthusiasm soon faded away and people turned hostile towards French armies and Napoleon as there was no political freedom.
- Increased taxation and censorships also outweighed the benefits of the administrative changes.